Effective from June 2018
Approved by: Chief Executive Officer
At a Glance
It is understood that it is important to formally review an employee’s performance against specified criteria. Performance reviews are one of the most useful management tools to provide feedback and development opportunities to employees.
The aim of the review should be to encourage, guide and develop employees. The review needs to be planned and professionally handled to ensure the employee receives a fair and accurate review.
All employees in Five Good Friends. It is the responsibility of all Senior Executives, General Managers, People & Culture, and Senior Managers to maintain this policy.
To communicate the Five Good Friends position and approach to Annual Performance Reviews and ensure all employees receive regular performance feedback via the review process.
- Annual Performance Review - the formal mechanism to review employees work performance against specified performance criteria on an annual basis, and at such time as fits work schedules and demands.
- Goals – the annual targets set for a salaried employee, which align with the company’s strategic plan.
- An Annual Performance Review is to be completed by the employee and their immediate Manager (the person conducting the review should be someone who is familiar with the everyday work performance of the employee) at a specified period in the year.
- All salaried and non-salaried (Award) full time and part time employees will have a review during a specific review period each year to be determined by People & Culture.
- It will be the responsibility of the People & Culture department to advise Managers of the calendar of events and issue and receive back the appropriate review documents.
- One week prior to the review, the employee’s Department Manager is to advise the employee of the performance meeting and issue the blank Annual Performance Review Form (and a copy of the position description if necessary) and to advise the employee to complete the form as a self-assessment in the first instance and bring it to the scheduled review meeting. A copy of the previous year’s goals will also be provided for review, if appropriate.