Effective from July 2023
Approved by: Chief Executive Officer
At a Glance
This policy describes our guidelines for using company owned cars.
All employees within Five Good Friends and Five Good Friends Property Holdings 1 who use a company car during and outside of working hours. Both companies will be referred to as Five Good Friends throughout this policy.
To provide an understanding of Five Good Friends guidelines regarding the use of company cars.
- Company car - is any type of motor vehicle Five Good Friends assigns to employees to support their transportation needs as required in executing their job duties.
- If you are given the use of a company car in which to carry out company business, you are required to obey all road rules and act responsibly. This includes following the Driving and Community Access Policy and Drug and Alcohol Policy which outline expected safe driving practices.
- Where you are required to use a company car, your manager will direct when and how you may use the car. This may include completion of the Home Parking Register if the car is parked at your home overnight for the purposes of ATO Fringe Benefits Tax reporting requirements.
- Company cars must not be used for any third party business use (e.g. Uber Eats delivery).
- The company car cannot be loaned out or driven by an unauthorised driver unless required in an emergency.
- You must hold a current and valid driver’s license and provide a copy to Five Good Friends prior to driving a company car. When you renew your license, you must provide an updated copy to Five Good Friends.
- You are to report changes to your driver privileges to your manager immediately, such as a driver’s license suspension.