Effective from 24 October 2023
Workflow Owner: Community Nursing Manager
This workflow is for all Five Good Friends workers (Helpers, Employees, Casuals and Third Party Partners). This workflow aims to:
- outline Five Good Friends (FGF) infection prevention and control arrangements
- reduce the risk of infectious diseases to workers
- minimise infection-related risks to Members.
Infections can present in any environment and FGF Members may be more vulnerable to infection for a number of reasons. Individuals with weakened immune systems, such as those with chronic disease and older people are especially vulnerable to contracting and suffering harm from infectious disease. Age-related changes in the immune system may also contribute to an increased risk of infections in the elderly.
- FGF will review infection prevention and control measures on a regular basis and therefore changes to this document are subject to occur at any time.
- For information relating to FGF COVID-19 infection prevention and control practices, please also refer to the COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedure.
- Each worker has a responsibility to take infection control precautions necessary to their role. This includes ensuring they do their job safely without exposing themselves, Members or others to a risk of infection.
- Each worker has a responsibility to document all Member infectious diseases on the relevant record and follow recommended precautions set out in this workflow or as advised by a treating health professional.