Effective from June 2021
Approved by: Chief Executive Officer
At a Glance
Five Good Friends learning and development (L&D) goals are to obtain, maintain, and retain personnel who can produce exceptional outcomes for Members.
This policy relates to all Five Good Friends workers (employees and contractors) engaged with Five Good Friends.
The objective of the policy is to:
- outline learning and development intentions,
- guide decisions and actions concerning learning and development opportunities.
- The term Learning and Development may also be training and development, human resource development, or training. It may be abbreviated as or referred to as L&D.
- Learning is a process that results in a change in knowledge or behaviour from an activity.
- Activity refers to an experience that facilitates learning resulting in a positive change in knowledge or skill. The experience may include, but not be limited, to studying, observing, experiencing, teaching, facilitation, coaching, or an assessment. The activity may be self-directed or guided.
- When possible, L&D activities will allow individuals to choose activities on a need-to-know basis or want-to-know basis resulting in improved knowledge and skills.
- The unique workplace of Five Good Friends creates a distinct environment for learning.