Effective from February 2017
Approved by: Chief Executive Officer
At a Glance
As a provider of community-based services, we may at times arrive at a home to provide a service. If the Member is not at home, we want to do our best to ensure they are safe.
This Policy states Five Good Friends expectations when a Helper arrives at the scheduled time to provide services and the Member is not home.
To provide clear guidance in response to arriving to provide a service to a member and they are not home.
- When the Member is not home the Helper should:
- try to contact the Member directly via mobile/preferred phone number
- contact the next of kin or Authorised Representative to determine the whereabouts of the Member and establish if services are to be provided
- wait for 15 minutes at the home for the Member to return/to establish the Member’s whereabouts
- notify the Care Team
- check-in and check-out to record the time spent waiting for the Member
- record an explanatory note in the App, and
- leave a message for the Member at their home.
- The Care Team must:
- continue to contact the Member and family to confirm the Member’s safety/reschedule service
- notify the authorised representative or next of kin if there is ongoing concern for the Member and no contact has been established
- ensure the Member is charged and the Helper is paid in accordance with the Terms and Conditions regarding cancellation of services without notice
- amend the Help Plan as required to ensure an effective visit schedule and service
- if there is ongoing concern contact the police,
- if necessary, suspend further services, and
- Notify the Helper of the outcome and any changes to the service.
References and Related Documents
Five Good Friends