Effective from October 2023
Approved by: Chief Executive Officer
At a Glance
Five Good Friends strongly recommends vaccination for all workers*.* Five Good Friends:
- promotes vaccination;
- complies with Public Health Orders relating to vaccination;
- provides workforce education around the importance of vaccination;
- provides support for workers to receive vaccination;
- engages with Members about any preference they may have to work with immunised Helpers; and
- where required, keeps records relating to the vaccination status of workers, to the extent necessary to manage risk and meet mandatory reporting requirements.
This approach helps Five Good Friends to provide, as far as reasonably practicable, a safe workplace for workers, and to minimise risk to Members.
This policy applies to all Five Good Friends workers (employees, Helpers and contractors).
The objective of this policy is to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the health and safety of our Members and workers, including by promoting and enabling vaccination to reduce the risks associated with vaccine-preventable illnesses.
It's about managing risk:
- Individuals with weakened immune systems, such as those with chronic disease, are especially vulnerable to contracting and suffering harm from infectious disease. Age-related changes in the immune system may also contribute to an increased risk of infections in the elderly.